Sweet Eve Strawberry and Vanilla Brown Sugar Toasted Brioche Sandwich
If you are after a really sumptuous breakfast or brunch treat, then look no further. The rich buttery flavour of brioche is used to sandwich ripe strawberries and vanilla infused sugar. The perfect summer morning sandwich and so much prettier than bacon and eggs!
- 8 slices of brioche bread
- 400g ripe Sweet Eve strawberries
- Unsalted butter for spreading
- 100g soft brown cane sugar
- 1 heaped tsp of vanilla bean paste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 6mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Cover a roasting tray with aluminium foil, and place the eight slices of toast on the tray. Toast till golden brown, roughly 3 minutes each side. The brioche bread will go quite crispy. Set aside for a few minutes to cool down slightly.
Hull the strawberries with a teaspoon, and then slice them in quarters. Place in a bowl, add the vanilla bean paste and the sugar, and then mix well.
Take four slices of toasted brioche, spread each thinly with butter, then spoon some of the strawberry mixture on top of each. Top each with another slice of toasted brioche, to form a sandwich.
Serve each toasted brioche sandwich on individual serving plates, with a spoonful or two of extra strawberries on the side.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (254 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.6/5 (171 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Sbrisolona 3.3/5 (142 Votes)
- Brioche loaf 4.2/5 (67 Votes)