Roquefort brioche bread
By Elisabeth du blog Saveurs Lozérienne
- 300 g fine bread flour (for buns or brioche bread)
- 200 ml of milk
- 40 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 sachet of dried yeast
- 100 g Roquefort
- 50 g of crème fraîche
- 1 egg yolk + milk to glaze the bread
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1 - In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt. Make a well. Pour in the yeast and warm milk and finally the butter. Stir with a wooden spoon and then knead for 5 minutes with an electric mixer. You will obtain a sticky dough. Form a ball with the wooden spoon if the dough sticks too much (if necessary add a little flour). Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 15 mins.
2 - Meanwhile, crumble the Roquefort in the cream. Add some nutmeg. You must get a thick paste. Chill in the fridge (or freezer) to be able to spread it more easily.
3 - Flour your hands and the work surface and knead the dough again a few minutes. Stretch the dough and roll it into a long rectangle. Spread on the roquefort cream and roll up the pastry. The roquefort cream tends to run if it is too liquid. This doesn't matter as you will get it all over hands and therefore will cover the outer pastry dough in cream. Cut the oblong roll into sections (you should be able to make ten). Arrange them in a tin, randomly. Cover with a towel and leave for minimum 1 hour and 30 minutes.
4 - Mix the egg yolk with a little cold milk. Gently brush the mixture onto your bread, coating well (be careful not to press too much on the brush as the dough may collapse).
5 - Bake in an oven at 200 ° C for 15 minutes then reduce the oven to 180 ° C and cook for 10 minutes more.
6 - Remove from the tin and enjoy the smell of melted Roquefort!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Mini Roquefort Burgers 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Roquefort dressing 2.8/5 (128 Votes)