Raw chocolate chili truffles
All raw, spicy and sweet chocolate truffles.
- 250g cashew nuts
- 14 meejool dates
- pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder.
- 8 drops of medicine flower vanilla extract (or use the seeds of 1 vanilla pod)
- 1 tsp mesquite powder (use 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon if not available)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt or fine sea salt
- For the dusting:
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper- adjust amount to your taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
In a food processor, blitz the cashews until they are as fine as you can get them. The perfect consistency is when they start almost making a butter at the very bottom but are like ground almonds on top. Give them a stir to remove the smooth part from the bottom of the processor bowl.
Add the cacao powder, vanilla, mesquite (or Cinnamon), and salt, and whizz briefly to combine. Lastly add the chopped dates. Blitz again until the mix starts to come together into a dough. It needs to be mouldable and not too crumbly in texture.
Next make the dusting. Sprinkle the cacao, cinnamon and cayenne onto a tray and mix together with a spoon.
Then take small pieces of the 'dough' and roll them into ball shapes with your hands. Pop them on the tray and roll them around in the coating by tilting the tray in different directions. When they have a nice even coating, remove them to another plate. Keep on going until you have used all the dough and all the truffles are coated.
Put them in the fridge until required!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (250 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)