Roasted carrots and chickpeas with hemp pesto and gomasio
Delicious vegan main dish, tastes great with a green salad!
- For the main dish:
- 8-10 carrots
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 carton chickpeas
- 4 tsp of gomasio*
- For the pesto:
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 handfuls of basil
- plus a few leaves for garnish
- A handful of parsley
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pre-heat the oven to 180-200 degrees.
Slice the carrots into bitesize chunks, coat in the oil and bake in a tray for around 25mins or until nicely browned. Remove from the oven and stir through the chickpeas. While it cools slightly, make the pesto.
Blend all the pesto ingredients together in a mini chopper until creamy with just a little texture left. Drizle over the carrots and chickpeas and stir well to mix.
Finish with a sprinkling of the gomasio and the extra basil leaves. I like to serve this with a big green salad- delish!
*gomasio can be found in good health stores.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.