Chocolate oat truffles
A great recipe for kids to make. I used to make these for my family as a little girl on rainy Sunday afternoons. Hense why I don't remember the exact quantities as I just used to add and taste as I went along!
- Cocoa or chocolate powder
- Porridge oats
- Desiccated coconut
- The quantities depend how may truffles you are making.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Melt a large piece of butter in a saucepan (about 150g).
Add a few heaped tablespoons of cocoa or chocolate powder.
Chocolate powder will be sweeter in flavour. The quantity is to taste. Add and taste regularly until you find the butter is chocolatey enough!
Stir in the oats. Add little by little to get the right quantity. Keep adding oats until they are all wel coated in chocolate butter, but there is no liquid left in the pan.
Form small round balls of chocolate oats and roll in a plate of coconut. Place them on a plate one by one, until you have no mix left.
Place the plate of chocolate truffles in the fridge to set. Count at least 1h30 minutes so they are chilled and have hardened.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Christmas Truffles with Amaretto 4/5 (99 Votes)
- Banana Booster 3.9/5 (66 Votes)
- Breakfast Granola 2.9/5 (93 Votes)