Coconut and pineapple macaroons
By Elisabeth du blog Saveurs Lozérienne
- For 22-25 small macaroons
- 60 g of ground almonds
- 60 g of grated coconut (or powder)
- 60 g egg whites (2 egg whites)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 30 g of caster sugar
- 4 slices of pineapple + 4 tbsp of their juice
- the juice of half a small lemon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1 - Mix the ground almonds, coconut and icing sugar using a pestle, crushing the mixture. The different powders must be mixed thoroughly. Pour into a bowl.
2 - Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Stir in the caster sugar in three times, while continuing to whisk.
3 - Fold the egg whites into the powder, whisking vigorously with a fork or whisk. You must obtain a smooth and shiny paste.
4 - Form small "snail" heaps with a piping bag on a baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper (or a silicone sheet). The dough will spread slightly and form fairly regular circles. Leave aside for one hour in refrigerator.
5 - Place in the oven at 150 ° C for 15 mins. Let the macaroons cool before removing from the tray.
6 - In a pan, heat 4 tbsp of pineapple juice and the pineapple cut into pieces. Boil, covered, for about ten minutes. Reduce the heat, add the lemon juice, mash with a fork the pineapple chunks and cook uncovered until lightly caramelised. Allow to cool.
7 - Fill the macaroons with a spoonful of the pineapple and then assemble them together.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Sweet Peanut Sauce 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Simple Apple Crisp 3.2/5 (113 Votes)
- White Chocolate Macarons 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Salted butter caramel filled... 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Organic strawberry macarons 4/5 (26 Votes)