Cream of chicory soup with scallops
By KRAWCZAK ROSE
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the chicory into round slices, melt them in the butter with the sugar, add salt and cook for 30 minutes, turning often.
Place the chicory in the bowl of a blender, and blend a few seconds, add the lemon juice and half the cream.
Mix into a purée, then add the remaining cream, mix a few more seconds and pour into a saucepan over low heat.
Just before serving, heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the scallops on high heat for a few seconds.
Pour the creamy chicory soup (very hot) into bowls or glasses, add the scallops on top in each bowl and sprinkle with chervil and pepper.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (177 Votes)
- Scallops on a bed of foie gras... 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Shellfish on a bed of leeks 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding And... 3.2/5 (118 Votes)
- Chicory salad with walnuts 3.7/5 (85 Votes)
- Bayonne Ham Parcels 4/5 (26 Votes)