Red tuna and beetroot tartare
By BAILLY-MASSON Camille
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cream of beetroot with Valençay cheese:
- sweat the onions (10g)
- cook 100g of beetroot
- blend the beetroot with the onions and the valençay cheese
- flavour with 70g of balsamic vinegar
Reduce the balsamic vinegar:
- Reduce the veal stock (50g)
- Add 100g of balsamic vinegar
- Reduce to a syrup consistency
Red tuna tartare with different spices:
- cut into small dice the bluefin tuna, divide the pieces into three separate pots
- in the first bowl, add 15g of 5 bay spices and mix
- the second bowl, mix the tuna with 15g of ginger
- in the third, mix the tuna with 5g of cayenne paper.
Add the juice of a lemon over the three mixtures in each bowl.
- With the rest of the beetroot, cut two slices of 1 cm thick using a vegetable slicer.
Make the tuna tartare, starting with the cayenne pepper tuna, then add a slice of beetroot. Add the tuna with ginger and cover with a slice of beetroot and then finish with the tuna mixed with the 5 bay spice.
- keep cool in the fridge.
The foie gras sorbet with basil:
- In a bowl mix the foie gras, cream and fresh basil, finely chopped
- whisk with an electric mixer
- reserve in the freezer
Decoration: Brown a few sticks of spaghetti in the oven