Pad Noodles with Pork Strips and Prawns
This has a lot of ingredients but is really tasty so worth the effort.
- 125 g noodles
- 100 g pork fillet
- 1 1/2 tbsps groundnut oil
- 1 shallot
- finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- finely chopped
- 85 g (3 oz) prawns
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 50 g beansprouts
- 2 tbsps roasted salted peanuts
- 3 spring onions
- sliced diagonally
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain well.
Slice the pork into strip about 5mm thick.
Heat the oil in a wok and then stir-fry the shallots for 1-2 minutes.
Add the pork and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add the garlic and prawns and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Pour in the egg and stir for a few seconds until lightly set.
Reduce the heat, add the noodles, fish sauce, lime juice, ketchup and sugar and toss together well. Heat through.
Spring with beansprouts, peanuts and spring onions.
Transfer to bowls, serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (161 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Thai Green Beef Curry with Eggplant 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Yellow Chicken Curry with Potatoes 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
- Easy Ham & Veggie Fried Rice 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Pork with Parma Ham and Feta Cheese 3.4/5 (123 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.