Inside-Out Rocky Road Pie
Rocky road can be messy to eat and can seem so chocolate-y you feel guilty. This pie-style combination of the same ingredients, makes it look more formal and a lighter after-dinner desert.
- 350g Digestive Biscuits
- 300g Butter
- 200g Milk Chocolate
- 20g Caster sugar
- -Pie Filling-
- 400ml Double Cream
- 100ml Milk
- 300g Marshmallows
- 200g Chocolate (white or milk)
- 100g Sultanas
- 100g Cherries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the Base
Melt chocolate and butter together in a saucepan.
Add sugar to mix.
Add these combined ingredients to crumbled digestive biscuits until the mixture is clumpy
Press mixture into a springform cake tin creating high sides. Making sure there are no holes.
Put in fridge to cool and set.
Heat cream and milk in a saucepan.
Add marshmallows and chocolate and increase heat and stir until marshmallows are melted.
Let mixture partially cool.
Mix in sultanas and cherries to a slightly firm marshmallow mixture.
Pour into chilled base and stir contents to make sure fruit is evenly distributed throughout pie.
Leave pie to cool for 4 hours or more until firm.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (263 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (87 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Apricot Hunky Cookies 3.4/5 (141 Votes)
- MARS BAR SQUARES 3.4/5 (140 Votes)