Greek Chicken Burgers
- Four 6-inch pita pockets
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce
- thinly sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cut off a third of each pita and set the pita pockets aside.
Grate the small pita pieces on the fine side of grater, or pulse in food processor, to make 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
In a large bowl, mix the crumbs, chicken, feta, 1/4 cup mint, salt, pepper and egg until just combined. Shape the mixture into 8 small 3/4-inch-thick burgers.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the burgers and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt and remaining 1/2 cup mint. To serve, fill each pita with some lettuce, tomatoes, 2 burgers and some yogurt sauce.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Café Frappe - Greek Iced Coffee 3.6/5 (119 Votes)
- Greek salad 3.7/5 (113 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.