Red bean bread
- 3 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 1/2 cup red bean paste
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2/3 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Make 3 holes in the self-raising flour, pour in sugar, yeast and salt. Cover them with flour.
Add in warm water and milk. Mix them into a dough.
Make a hole and pour the melted butter in. Kneed the dough for about 30min until smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with a cloth and let it rise for 40min.
Divide the red bean paste and dough into 16 balls.
Press the dough flat and seal the red bean paste ball inside the dough.
Press the dough flat and cut the edge of the dough into 8 parts.
Cover and let it rise for 15min.
Preheat oven to 180oC. Bake for 20min until golden brown.
Brush surface of the bread with melted butter.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Potato bread 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- The Breadmaker Chronicles-The... 3.4/5 (140 Votes)