Snacks, Starters, and Nibbles - Feta Accompli
A simple yet phenomenally taste bud tingling supper – perfect for warming one up in sub-zero temperatures.
- Olive Oil
- Rock salt
- 4 potatoes
- Feta cheese
- 5 spring onions
- Red chilli - deseeded
- Knob of butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
So once the jacket spuds were cooked- olive oil rubbed and salted, I let them cool and split them.
Then into a bowl I added the feta, cubed small (do not forget to rinse your feta first to desalt it), 5 spring onions chopped, a red chilli deseeded and chopped, a generous knob of butter and a little pepper and a grind – only a grind mind – of rock salt.
Then once the potato flesh had cooled, I scooped it out and added it to the bowl, taking care not to split the silken crispen skins.
Then after a hearty mix to melt the butter and break down the feta, I restuffed the skins – this amount was more than enough for 8 halves.
Then pop them back into the oven at 160°C for 10 minutes.
I served these tuberous gems with rocket salad and bresoala.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (247 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (144 Votes)
- Feta and tomato omlette 3.3/5 (141 Votes)
- Easy Quick Crispy Skin Baked... 4/5 (39 Votes)