Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 12 thin boneless chicken breasts
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slices deli ham
- 1 cup flour
- 3 Tbs. paprika
- salt and pepper
- 6 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 3/4 cups white wine
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 2 Tbs. corn starch
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
1. Lay the thinly sliced chicken breasts and lightly salt and pepper the top. Lay a slice of ham and Swiss cheese on top of the chicken. Roll the chicken up and stick them with toothpicks to keep them closed.
2. Combine the flour and paprika into a bowl and coat each of the chicken rolls. Get a skillet and put the 6 tablespoons of butter in it and put it on medium-high heat until melted. Place the coated chicken rolls on the skillet and cook until the outsides are golden brown.
3. Once the outsides are golden brown add the white wine and bouillon cubes and reduce heat to medium. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, flipping them over after 15 minutes.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from skillet and place on plate (don't forget to remove the toothpicks). Add the whipping cream and corn starch to the skillet with any juices still in it and whisk until thick and creamy. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Egg & Ham Cups 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.