AMERICAN PISTACHIOS WITH CINNAMON, CUMIN & SMOKED PAPRIKA
- 250g American pistachios
- in shell
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed
- groundnut or light olive oil
- !/2 teaspoon sweet smoked or hot smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon light soft brown or light muscovado sugar
- Fine sea salt
- to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan. Add pistachios and cook for about a minute to begin toasting the shells.
Reduce heat to low and add spices. Cook for 20 seconds then add sugar.
Stir to coat, remove from heat and season with salt.
Spoon out onto a baking parchment-lined tray to cool, spreading them to minimise them sticking together.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.6/5 (178 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Mixed Spice Biscuits 3/5 (184 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta 3.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Mayan Hot Chocolate 3.3/5 (142 Votes)
- Ryan's Tomato Pasta 4.2/5 (68 Votes)
- Chilli con carne 4.7/5 (43 Votes)