Mrs - Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate mousse originally from Elizabeth David recipes i believe
- 2 x packets boudoir biscuits
- Strong coffee left to go cold
- 185 g sugar
- 185g good quality dark chocolate
- 185g butter cut into cubes
- 3 eggs separated
- 250 ml Whipping cream
- Soufle dish (or straight sided saucepan) lined with clingfilm
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place chocolate, butter and sugar in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
When melted set aside to cool
Add the egg yolks to the cooled chocolate mixture.
Whisk Egg whites until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture.
Lightly soak the boudoir biscuits and line the soufle dish. Scoop in the chocolate mixture, cover with a plate and refrigerate overnight
When ready to serve turn out onto a serving dish, gently remove the clingfilm.
Whip the cream to soft peaks and pile on top.
Eat and enjoy.