Lemon, Basil and Mascarpone Pasta Salad
A delicious cheesy italian pasta salad
- Spiral shaped pasta (fusilli)
- Dried basil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mixed Salad leaves
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Blanche the tomatoes by placing directly into boiling water for 1/2-1 minute and transfer into ice water, score a x into the surface of the skin and transfer to a baking tray and sprinkle with salt, bake in the oven at 170 for 15 minutes.
Cook the pasta until softened to your liking, strain but save some water, seasoned with salt and pepper.
Gently heat the marscapone in a pan with lemon zest and juice along with some dried basil to infuse the sauce, continue stirring for 5 minutes.
Add the pasta into the sauce and coat thoroughly, add some of the seasoned water and mix for an appropriate sauce consistancy.
Remove the tomatoes from the oven and combine with the pasta along with salad leaves and toss gently.
Serve along side a warm freshly cooked buttered slice of bread.
Gently crush the cherry tomatoes to release juice and flavour into the sauce while maintaining its seperate nature in the dish.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (204 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Chickpea pasta salad with basil 3.5/5 (129 Votes)