Layered Mocha Cheesecake
- BISCUIT BASE:
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of prepared pan. In another bowl, mix the coffee granules, hot water and cinnamon; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion; pour over crust. Stir coffee mixture into the remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until centre is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil.
Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
Remove rim from pan. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Top with coffee beans if desired.