Instagramable Apple Crumble
An apple crumble recipe so good you will have to put it on Instagram immediately!
- 3 medium cooking apples
- 170g/6oz granulated sugar
- 170g/6oz butter or cooking margarine
- 280g/10oz Self raising flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Mix the butter/margarine with the flour in a dry bowl using a fork until you have a texture like breadcrumbs.
It's not important that every single bit is like breadcrumbs, but try and get most of it like that. This will take about 3 mins, mix it all in well.
Add 4 ounces of sugar to the mixture and mix it all together with a fork. This will tend to make the mixture even more like breadcrumbs.
Peel the apples and cut each one in four parts. Cut the core from each of the sections.
Slice the Apple quarters - no need to slice them to thinly, about six slices per quarter section of the apple will do just fine.
Put the apple slices into the casserole dish. If you are adding the optional cinnamon, do it now.
Make sure it is sprinkled every throughout the apples. Sprinkle the remaining 2 ounces of sugar evenly over the apples.
Now evenly spread the "crumble" mixture over the sugared apples.
Put this into your oven pre heated at 180 °C or 350F
gas mark 5 for 40 minutes.
One trick you can use now is to put the Apple Crumble under a hot grill for about 30 seconds to brown the crumble topping.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Awesome Almond and Oats Apple... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Cute Apple Crumble 4.1/5 (72 Votes)
- Battenberg Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)