Prime rib beef with shallot sauce
- Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 prime rib of beef
- 2 kg (with the bone)
- 200 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3rds cup of vinegar (wine..)
- 2 shallots
- Watercress for garnish
- Garnish with veg according to the season
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Coat the beef with 50 g of butter (if oven roasting). Pan sear the meat on each side, as soon as the meat is well browned, reduce the heat to medium or if you are barbecuing the meat, place grill on the highest notches away from the flames (allow 12 minutes per 500g of meat).
While cooking prepare the sauce: Chop the tarragon, chives, shallots. Fry in a small saucepan with the vinegar over low heat for about 30 mn until the vinegar has completely evaporated. Make sure not to burn the shallots. Leave to cool and add 3 tablespoons of cold water.
Separate the whites and the yolks. Pour the yolks only on the shallots, salt and pepper. Boil a pot of water for the double boiler.
Beat constantly with a whisk until you get a sauce consistency. While beating add bit by bit in small pieces the 150g of remaining butter. Serve in a warm gravy boat. Serve with watercress and the vegetables of your choice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (147 Votes)
- Cheesy Jack BBQ Chicken 3.8/5 (110 Votes)
- BBQ'd Pineapple 3.8/5 (109 Votes)
- Chicken & Tarragon Suet Pudding 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Mushrooms in White Wine (chicken,... 3.5/5 (95 Votes)
- Oxtail chilli 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.