Crunchy Spring Salad
- 1 iceberg lettuce (as round as you can find)
- some mixed salad leaves (spinach
- young shoots ...)
- 1 carrot with it's leaves
- 5-6 radishes
- 2 Raw cauliflower heads
- 30g young cantal cheese or another hard cheese)
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare a "salad bowl" with the iceberg lettuce:
- cut the base of the salad, then by opening the heart you can make a salad bowl entirely made of salad! Keep the leaves you have removed for another recipe.
Peel the carrot. Cut half into sticks and dice the other half. Slice 2 to 3 radishes into small dice and keep the others aside with their stalks.
Dice half of the cheese (the idea being to dice everything almost all the same size) and the rest into sticks. Mix the salad leaves and cubes. Sprinkle into the "bowl".
Cook a soft-boiled egg. Place the egg in the centre of the "bowl". Arrange the vegetable sticks and cheese around the egg with the bunches of cauliflower and radishes on the sides.
Serve with dressing on one side and a little yogurt-chive sauce on the other to dip in your crunchy veg.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar) 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Greek salad 3.7/5 (113 Votes)
- Medley of spring vegetables,... 3.4/5 (109 Votes)
- Detox Salad with early vegetables... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Carrot and Courgette Salad 4/5 (17 Votes)