Grated Rainbow Salad with Sesame Feta Fritters
The fritters can be messy and a bit awkward but this meal is really tasty, fun and refreshing.
- 2 portions of rice
- 1 pitta bread
- olive oil
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 large carrot
- 50 g beetroot
- 50 g feta
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsps self-raising flour
- sesame seeds
- runny honey
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
Slice the pitta thinly and spread out on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
Coarsely grate the cucumber, onion, carrot and beetroot, keeping each part separate.
Mash the feta in a bowl with the egg and then mash in the flour. Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. add a splash of olive oil and then use a teaspoon to pour in lumps of the feta mixture. You should get about 6.
Cook the fritters until golden on the bottom and then flip. Cook for a further couple of minutes and then drizzle with honey and sesame seeds and remove from the pan.
Tip the rice onto 2 plates and spread out. Place the beetroot, onion, carrot and cucumber on top of the rice in separate clumps so that you can see each individual colour. Scatter the pitta strips around the edge and put the fritters on top. Then serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (414 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Feta and tomato omlette 3.3/5 (143 Votes)
- Sesame Chicken With Salad 2.7/5 (101 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.