- 1 cup of lentils soaked in water for an hour
- 1 onion finely chopped and diced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of ginger
- 1 tbsp of garlic
- 1 tbsp or red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 2 green chillies
- blended or cut very finely
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
remove lentils from water and put in fresh water. put on boil until mixture becomes thick and soup like, usually 20 mins.
in a seperate pan, fry onions in oil until soft. add in the green chillies, red chilli and turmeric powder. mix thoroughly.
add in the rest of ingredients and cook on slow heat. Once ready, add in the lentil mixture and mix thoroughly.
serve hot with naan bread or boiled rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Curried Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup 3.4/5 (128 Votes)