Best Fish Pie Recipe Ever
By Sophie H
- 1 onion
- Mixed fish/prawns
- Plain flour
- Grated cheese
- Dry white wine
- Mashed potato
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Start the potatoes boiling, start frying the onion in butter and microwave the fish (for around 3 minutes).
When the onions are lightly fried, make a white sauce in the same pan using flour and milk.
Add the wine and herbs/seasoning, then break up the fish into the mixture and cook for a further couple of minutes.
Put the mixture into ramekins or similar and add a generous portion of grated cheese.
Prepare the mashed potato (adding a little milk and butter) and add to the top.
Either serve immediately, or re-heat for 20 minutes at 200°C the following day.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Potato bread 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Café Frappe - Greek Iced Coffee 3.6/5 (119 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.