Aubergine rolls with spinach & ricotta
- - 1 aubergine
- - bag of spinach
- - ricotta cheese
- - nutmeg
- - tomato sauce/can
- - breadcrumbs
- - cheese (parmesan or mozarella) 250g
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven. Peal the aubergine, cut into thin slices lengthways. Brush both sides with oil, lay it on baking sheet. Cook it for 15 minutes until tender, turn it once
Put spinach in strainer, pour boiling water on it. Let it cool.
In the meantime put butter inside around casserole dish.
Then sceeze out the water from the spinach. Mix it with ricotta, nutmeg and season.
Put the mixture on aubergine slices, make a roll. Put rolls in the baking dish, pour over tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, cheese.
Bake it in the over for 20-25 minutes until golden.
You can substitute the ricotta with cottage cheese.
Chopped tomatoes are very nice in the sauce.
Put either mozzarella or parmesan cheese on the top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Light Spinach Flan without pastry 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Risotto with green asparagus,... 4/5 (97 Votes)
- Chestnut cream cheesecake 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.