Sausage Hot Pot
Easy sausage casserole style dish
- 50g butter
- 1 large onion sliced
- I tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 450ml beef or chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 carrots cut into slices
- 8 good quality sausages grilled
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the butter over a low heat in a large pot and gently fry the sliced onion for about 20 minutes until onion is soft and starting to caremelise.
Add the sugar and increase the heat to medium-high, stirring occasionally, for another 3 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic and tomato puree cooking for another 5 minutes. Add the stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the veg and cook for 15 minutes until soft. Add the sausages and cook for 5 minutes until sausages are piping hot.
Cut up the sausages or leave whole.
Substitute potatoes for carrots or suede, whatever is seasonal!
You can cook in a casserole dish over the hob and then transfer to oven if you prefer although I always use a large soup pot out of laziness.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Beef Noodle Soup 3.4/5 (109 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.