Yoghurt Chilli Chicken with rocket and herbed Polenta
All I did was cut up some chicken, chuck it in a pan with olive oil, garlic, shallots chilli flakes and salt and pepper. Boiled some water added polenta olive oil, salt, pepper and tarragon. Wash some rocket and Bob’s your uncle you have a tasty meal in about 15 mins!
- 300g chopped Chicken (deboned thighs are the BEST)
- 100ml chicken stock
- 3 shallots (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (dried)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 cups fine Polenta
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- a bunch of rocket leaves (washed)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
1. Add the chopped shallots and olive oil into a frying pan on medium high heat and cook until they begin to go slightly golden. Add the garlic and chicken and sear the outsides of the chicken. Now add the chicken stock and allow to simmer while adding the dried chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 mins on a medium heat until most of the water has evaporated. Stir in the yoghurt.
2. Meanwhile boil the 6 cups of water in a separate pot and add the polenta, salt, pepper, tarragon and oilive oil on a medium low heat and stir to prevent sticking.After 5 minutes take off the heat and cover for 10 minutes.
3. Plate up – place polenta on the bottom and the rocket and chicken on top. Plain yoghurt on the side is also a great addition!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.