Easy Apple & Almond Cake
This recipe came from a need to use up some tinned apple compote left over from a scout camp. inspired by a Nigella Lawson recipe from Feast, I came up with this combination of apples and ground almonds.
- 11/3 (one and a third) cups apple puree/compote
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 375g ground almonds
- 250g caster sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 50g flaked almonds
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grease a 23cm springform cake tin with vegetable oil and line the base.
Whizz up all the ingredients apart from the flaked almonds, in a food processor.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, sprinkle with the flaked almonds and bake for around 45 monites (check at 35 minutes, and be prepared to wait 50 minutes)
When cool, dust with icing sugar if desired, and serve with cream.
If you don't have tinned apple puree or compote, make your own - 3 tart eating apples should give you enough puree.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Toffee Apple Cupcakes 3.7/5 (157 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)