Bean and ham soup
By Vekas Maria-Rodica
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Soak the dried beans overnight.
Place the ham hock in a pot. Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes. If it is too salty, add more water.
Continue cooking until the pork is almost tender. Add the beans.
When beans are almost cooked, add the vegetables cut into quarters.
When the ham is cooked, remove and bone the hock. Cut the meat into pieces and return to the pot.
Make a roux: brown the flour in oil until golden brown, add garlic and heat a few seconds. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with paprika and pour 250 ml of cold water, mix well and pour into the pot.
Bring to a boil; over medium heat, continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)