This recipe makes 16 pieces, which should serve 4 people but they're so tasty that this will probably only feed 2!
- 100 g prawns
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsps coriander
- finely chopped
- 2 slices white bread
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 4mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pound the prawns to a pulp in a pestle and mortar.
Mix the prawns with one of the egg whites and 1 tbsp of the cornflour. Add the sugar and a pinch of salt and then stir in the coriander.
Mix the remaining egg white with the remaining cornflour (in a separate pot).
Remove the crusts from the bread and cut each slice into 8 triangles. Brush the top of each piece with the egg white and cornflour mixture and then add 1 teaspoon of the prawn mixture. Smooth the top.
Heat enough oil for deep-frying in a wok, until it reaches 180-190 degrees (hot enough to fry a cube of bread in 30 seconds). Fry the toasts prawn-side down for 2 minutes and then turn and fry for another 2 minutes.
Remove the prawn toasts with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and then serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Prawns on toast 2.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Avocado Cheese Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fishcakes 0/5 (0 Votes)