Mince Stuffed Squash
- 2 butternut squash
- halved and seeded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pack minced lamb
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 100g couscous
- 100g goat's cheese or feta
- mint leaves
- to serve (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Heat grill to high.
Place squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season and pop under the grill.
Cook for 15 mins, turn and cook 15 mins more until softened.
Scoop out the fl esh, and chop.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a pan over a high heat.
Cook the mince for 10 mins.
Mix in the purée, cumin and couscous.
Add 100ml/3½fl oz water.
Cover, remove from heat. Leave for 10 mins.
Tip in the squash with most of the cheese. Fluff up the couscous.
Pile into the hollow squash.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (155 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- The Ultimate Three Cheeses Stuffed... 3.3/5 (125 Votes)
- Amazing Cheese, Onion and... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)