Turkey burgers and wedges
- 500g Turkey mince
- Can of sweetcorn
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Wholemeal rolls
- Large tomatoe
- Salt and pepper
- Oil or cooking spray
- 2 very large sweet potatoes
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Finely chop the red onion, cut the red pepper into small
squares, remove seeds and finely slice half the chilli, open the can of sweetcorn and combine all with the turkey mince and season with salt and pepper. Shape into burgers and fry on both sides until brown and cooked.
Peel and cut sweet potatoes into wedges, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil, tossing to make sure all wedges are covered. Put on a foul lines baking tray and cook in oven.
Once sweet potatoes are nearly cooked, slice rolls in half and place on top shelf of oven for a minute or so to crisp up. Shred lettuxe and thinly slice tomatoes.
Serve burgers on buns eith lettuce and tomato and dish up wedges.
Make burger patties larger than you want the burgers to be to account for shrinking while cooking.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Baked turkey meatballs with... 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
- Homemade Beef Burgers 3.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Pauline's sherry burgers 3.4/5 (124 Votes)
- Spicy turkey and pepper bake 2.9/5 (137 Votes)