Risotto with asparagus
- 250g risotto rice
- 1/2l vegetable stock
- 1/2 onion
- bunch of asparagus
- 1 glass white wine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Clean the asparagus and steam in a microwave for 2-3 minutes. Then chop it in little cubes and put the tips aside.
Chop the onion finely and sauté in a pot with olive oil. Add the asparagus cubes and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add the rice and let it toast while stirring constantly until it's all coated in oil. Pour the white wine and let evaporate.
Add small portions of the stock while stirring the rice until it's completely cooked, about 15-20 minutes. Towards the end add the saffron to give a bit of colour, turn off the heat and sprinkle with ground almonds.
Let sit 2 minutes and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Farro biscuits 3.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Mushrooms in White Wine (chicken,... 3.5/5 (95 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.