This is a nice dish to serve to guests, and simple to make!
- 2 lb boneless chicken (can use a combination of leg and fillet meat)
- cut into medium sized pieces
- cleaned and washed
- 2 medium-large onions
- diced medium
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ginger/garlic
- 2 dessertspoons Shan karai masala (spice)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ~ 10 black peppercorns (mari)
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1tin tomatoes
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- blended with tinned tomatoes
- ~ 2 coloured peppers
- sliced into strips
- a handful of chopped green dhana
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix everything except the coloured peppers in a large pot. Cook (with lid open initially) over medium - high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
When the chicken is almost done add the strips of pepper. Cook until all is done and a thick saucy texture is achieved. Garnish with the green dhana before serving with chappatis.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.