Oyakodon (rice with chicken and leek omelette)
By Gaetan , blog Ma Cuisine Japonaise
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook the rice your usual way. 300g rice + 450g water.
Mince the onion, leek, bone the chicken legs and cut into small pieces 2 cm thick maximum.
In a pan add the dashi, sugar, soya sauce. Bring to a boil and poach the chicken for 5 minutes.
Add the chopped onion and leek. Cook for 1 minute.
Mix the whole eggs in a bowl, but without frothing them. Pour into the frying pan in a steady stream, trying to cover the entire pan. Cook to taste. The ideal is to make an egg which is a little runny and soft.
Put some rice in each bowl and add a portion of "omelette" on top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (242 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Onion omelette 3.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Feta and tomato omlette 3.3/5 (144 Votes)
- Goat's Cheese Omelette 3.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Japanese Pearls with coconut and... 3.5/5 (37 Votes)