Deep Fried Ice Cream and chocolate parcels
By john french
A really easy but effective dessert that is great for dinner parties
- 4 scoops of vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Spread
- 1 Pack of Filo Pastry
- Melted butter for brushing
- Oil for Cooking
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
make 4 scoops of ice cream. Place on a tray covered with baking parchment and return to the freezer for 30 mins
cut 12 squares of filo pastry. Take a sheet of filo pastry and brush with butter. Top with a second sheet of filo at an angle and brush with more butter. Top with a third sheet of filo again at an angle and spread with a generous amount of chocolate spread making sure you leave a gap around the edge which needs to be buttered for sealing. Repeat with the remaining filo pastry.
place the ice cream balls in the centre of the pastry. bring sides of the pastry up to the centre and pinch together to seal. Be careful not to rip the pastry at this stage.
place balls in the freezer until ready to fry.
Heat up your deep fat fryer and place the frozen balls carefully in the fat and cook for about one and a half minutes.
Place onto plates, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately.
These can be made without the chocolate spread if you wish and with different flavours of ice cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice... 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.3/5 (150 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Deep Fried Cheese 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Pumpkin donut 3.8/5 (24 Votes)