A variation on traditional beef burgers, these have a softer texture but are equally as yummy!
- 85g white bread
- (198g) can of sweetcorn
- 2x185g can tuna
- 25g grated cheddar
- 3 spring onions
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- OPTIONAL: bread rolls
- lettuce and salsa to serve.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Turn the bread into crumbs by sticking in a blender.
Empty into a bowl.
Now blend half the sweetcorn until finely chopped.
Drain the tuna.
Finely chop the spring onion.
In a bowl put the bread, tuna, sweetcorn, cheese, spring onion and seasoning.
Add the egg, a little at a time (you may not need it all) until the mixture is sticky enough to shape into 4 burgers.
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
Cook burgers for 5 mins on each side until golden and hot through the middle.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Fajitas 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Chilli con carne 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Tuna carpaccio with mixed... 5/5 (1 Votes)