Chocolate-Espresso Puddings with Espresso Whipped Cream
Chocolate-coated coffee beans would be a fun garnish for these easy-to-prepare puddings
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chilled heavy whipping cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Whisk 4 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and 3 teaspoons espresso powder in heavy medium saucepan until no lumps remain.
Gradually whisk in milk. Whisk over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Divide pudding among 6 small ramekins or goblets.
Cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
Espresso Whipped Cream
Using electric mixer, beat cream, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon espresso powder in medium bowl until peaks form.
Top each pudding with dollop of espresso whipped cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (187 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Café Frappe - Greek Iced Coffee 3.6/5 (122 Votes)