Methi Fish ( Salmon in Fenugreek Leaves)
By Joydeep Pal
Fish is one of the hot favourites among the Bengalis and you can find different varieties of recipe. While this time, I have used fresh Salmon fillets to cook in a fenugreek leaves based gravy, other types of fish can also be used as well.
- 250gm Salmon
- 2 or 3 Green Chillies (dependent on required hotness)
- 1 tablespoons of Ginger Paste
- 8-9 tablespoons of Oil : Mustard Oil/ Sunflower oil
- Red Chilli: 1 whole
- Cummin Whole(Jeera): 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon (Darchini): 1/4 of a stick
- Cardamom (Elaichi): 3 small one
- Clove (Labongo/laung): 3
- Cumin powder (Jeera): 1/2 table-spoon
- Coriander powder (Dhania): 1/2 table-spoon
- Turmeric powder (Halud/Haldi): 1 tea-spoon
- Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi): 2 table-spoon
- Salt to Taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and cut the Fish in medium pieces. Then marinade the fish pieces with turmeric and salt for 10 mins.
Wash and soak the kasoori methi leaves for 4-5 mins.
Heat oil in a frying pan and when simmered, fry the fish on both sides until they are golden brown. Keep the fish aside.
Add the red chilli, cummin, cardamom, clove and cinnamon to fry little bit.
Then, add ginger paste, green chillies and the methi leaves to saute along with cummin and coriander powder.
Now, add the fried fish with turmeric powder and salt and mix well with water. Put a lid over the frying pan to cook for 10 mins in medium flame.
The food is ready to be served hot with rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.