Vegetable Lattice Pie
A delicious vegetarian meal that works all throughout the year, great hot or cold the day after.
- 100g Cheddar cheese
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- 70g of cashew nuts
- 300g chestnut mushrooms
- 6 carrots
- 3 sticks of celery
- 2 onions
- Herbes de provence
- Salt & Pepper
- You will also need a lattice cutter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large saucepan, heat some olive oil and add the onions after having diced them.
Grate the carrot and cut the mushrooms and celery into thin slices. Add to the pan with the onions.
Grate in the nutmeg and add the herbes de provence, add a spoonful of sugar if you want to bring out the nutmeg a bit more. Break the cashew nuts into small pieces.
Roll out the pastry onto a flat, lightly floured surface. Prepare a large ceramic dish that isn't too deep. Pour the vegetable mixture inside, and sprinkle the cashew nuts over it.
Using the lattice cutter, cut the pastry into a lattice, leaving the edges unlatticed in order to facilitate the next step, which is draping the pastry over the pie mixture.
Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes at 200 degrees celsius, or until golden brown.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Leek,onion and mushroom pie 3.8/5 (112 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.