Beefsteak tomatoes, pineapple tomato fries with ketchup foam
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 pineapple tomatoes
- 250 g of tomato coulis
- 1 1/2 sheet
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 80 g flour
- Sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 4mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the ketchup foam:
Soak the gelatine in a small bowl of water at room temperature.
Mix 150g of tomato coulis with the sugar, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper.
In a small saucepan, heat the remaining coulis without boiling. Then add the gelatine, mixing well.
Blend with the cold coulis for 30 seconds to emulsify, then pour into a cream whipper. Insert a gas cartridge and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Cut the pineapple tomatoes in half, then cut in thick slices. Then slice them into sticks, shaped like fries. The sticks with no skin can be eaten raw. Fry the sticks with skin for 2 minutes in hot sunflower oil. Drain on kitchen roll.
Cut four "steaks" in the beefsteak tomatoes, by cutting 4 thick slices. Cover each side with a little flour. Fry each side for 30 seconds in a pan with some oil. Add salt and pepper.
Serve the "steaks" with a mixture of chips and sticks of raw tomato. Adjust the seasoning. Serve with the ketchup foam.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (245 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Tiramisu of tomato, goats cheese,... 3/5 (146 Votes)
- Red Hot Chili verrines 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Tomato crumble with fresh... 2.8/5 (127 Votes)