By Eric Jambon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Make an Italian meringue (for the marshmallows):
- Soak 30 grams of gelatine.
- Cook 620 gr of caster sugar with 200 g of water
- When the sugar is at 110 ° C, beat the egg whites until you get stiff peaks (preferably with an electrix mixer).
- When the sugar reaches a temperature of 121 ° C pour into the eggs, whisking on full speed and continue to whisk quickly.
- Melt the gelatine and stir into the egg whites and sugar.
- Add the chartreuse.
- Stop the mixer when the mixture is cool.
- Mix together the icing sugar and cornstarch.
- Sprinkle the mould with the starch / sugar mixture and pour in the marshmallow mix. Smooth and the powder mixture.
- Allow to cool in open air for 1 hour.
- Cut into cubes and store in an air tight box.