Orange tart with chocolate sorbet
By L'atelier des MAN 2007 - ADELYHS
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
For the pastry: Put the flour in a bowl, make a well in the middle and mix with sugar, salt, ground almonds and egg. Knead the dough and set aside.
For the orange cream:
- In a saucepan, boil the milk with 30 g sugar, the zest of one orange and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until white.
- Boil the milk again and pour over the yolks. Stir in the flour, and mix.
- Boil 1 to 2 minutes, whisking vigorously.
- Pour this mixture in a bowl and film. Butter a tart tin.
For the pastry:
- Roll out the dough, place it in the tin, cover with greaseproof paper and prick the bottom with a fork so it does not rise (or cover with fried rice or an equivalent to prevent the dough from rising).
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 180 °, remove the paper 5 minutes before the end of cooking and then leave to cool. Brush the pastry with yolk and cook another 5 minutes.
- Peel the oranges, divide into segments and line the bottom of the tart with the cream.
- Arrange the segments on top and cover with meringue (previously prepared by mounting 2 egg whites with salt, lemon juice and sugar).
- Place under the grill to brown for 3 minutes.
Serve with chocolate sorbet...
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)