Authentic fresh tomato salsa.
- Fresh tomatoes (5 or 6 large)
- Handful cilantro
- Quick splash red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 green bell pepper or 1/2 large pablano
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 onion
- 2 jalapenos
- dash cumin
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Roast in oven or blacken (blister) over flame the bell pepper or pablano. Coarsely scrape or peel black bits after cooled enough to touch.
Chop all ingredients and combine. Place in refrigerator and allow to sit 30 minutes for flavours to blend.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Add or reduce quantity of jalapenos, salt and pepper to taste. It is best not to chop ingredients too finely but don't leave them too large either.