Sea urchin shells with a cream of Jerusalem artichoke
By Gilles Goess Hostellerie La Briqueterie, France
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preparation of sea urchins:
- Open the flat side of the sea urchin shell by cutting with scissors, remove the orange parts "tongues and coral" taking care to keep the water they contain. Rinse the "tongues" with cold water, drain and set aside in a cool place.
Preparation of the cream of Jerusalem artichoke:
- Peel, wash and cut the artichokes into small pieces and put them to cook in a pan of salted water for about 20 minutes.
- After this time drain and pass through a sieve, then stir in the butter and mix well. At the last minute, add 100g of whipped cream and adjust the seasoning.
Preparation of the sabayon:
- Put into a small pan, the egg yolks, champagne, water from the sea urchins and whisk vigorously over low heat until you obtain a light cream.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk until completely cooled.
- Stir in gently 200g of whipped cream, adjust seasoning.
Fill the cleaned sea urchin shells and they are ready to serve.