- 1 x ciabatta
- 2 x mozzarella balls
- 2 x beef tomatoes
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Garlic oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Dampen the ciabatta with some water and place in the oven for approximately 5 minutes (if you're using one straight off a bread counter you won't need to do this step but ANY that come out of a packet will need it).
Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into slices about 3/4cm thick, and then do the same for the mozzarella.
Cut the ciabatta in half lengthways. And then place the tomato and mozzarella on top of each half, alternating each one so you have tomato, then mozzarella, then tomato and so on.
Take the basil leaves from their stalks and tuck them underneath pieces of tomato until they are dotted amongst the two pieces of bread.
Grind a little salt and pepper over each pizza and then drizzle with a little garlic oil.
Place under a hot grill (or pop in the oven if you're on a boat!) until the mozzarella has melted fully.
Cut into slices and enjoy!!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- French Pizza 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- How to make the perfect pizza dough 3.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Sweet Heart Pizza 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Heart Shaped Caprese Salad 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Canape Cucumber Pizza On The Go 3.7/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.