Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing
- 1/2 cup white Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup margarine
- softened (can use butter)
- 4 -6 tablespoons 18% table cream (can use heavy cream
- unwhipped or half and half cream or milk)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or can use 1 teaspoon almond extract)
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- sifted (or as needed)
- 2 -4 drops food coloring (or as needed
- you may omit if desired)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat together the shortening and margarine or butter with cream, salt almond extract and vanilla until smooth (about 3 minutes).
Add in sifted confectioners sugar starting with 4-1/2 cups; beat very well until smooth and fluffy, adding more confectioners sugar or cream or milk until you achieve desired consistency.
Add in the food coloring (if using) until the desired shade is achieved.