The instant raw mango pickle is sooooo simple and quick. The tanginess of mangoes is balanced with sweetness of sugar and fennel seeds are added to give that pickle taste. I stored in the fridge for 1-2 weeks and it was still fresh. Truly a delight!! Here is the recipe.
- 2 cups chopped raw mango/kacha aam/kairi
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds/saunf
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida/hing
- 2 tablespoons of sugar/chini/shakkar
- Salt/namak to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tablespoon red chilli powder/lal mirch
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder/dhaniya
- ½ glass water/pani
- 1 tablespoon oil/tel
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 6mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in a pan.
When the oil heats, add 1 whole red chilli.
Then mix in of cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
Add fennel seeds and mix.
Mix in half a glass of water.
Add chopped raw mango.Add salt and turmeric poweder
Mix in coriander powder and red chilly powder.Finally add sugar and mix well.
Cover with lid and let it cook for 5-8 minutes or till mangoes become soft and mushy
ugar and red chilli powder can be increased or decrease as per ones's taste.
This taste better when cold