How to make the perfect pizza dough
Pizza dough is simply mixing flour with water and adding yeast, oil and salt. So why is it so difficult to get that homemade pizza dough just right? With this recipe you will be making homemade from now on! It’s all about using the right dose and the right quantities. This pizza dough recipe is for thin base pizzas. The various toppings to add to your base is up to your imagination!
A few tips before you start:
Always use fresh baker’s yeast (available online if you can’t find it in your local supermarket). And use all ingredients at room temperature as this will help the yeast to do its job better and your dough will rise wonderfully!
- To make 1 large family pizza (6 people):
- 20 g of fresh baker's yeast
- 15 ml water (at room temperature)
- 250 g of white bread flour (or if you can find fine Italian flour ‘00’ it’s even better)
- 5 cl of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Dissolve the yeast in water at room temperature. Heat the water a little if necessary so it is lukewarm.
Sift the flour, mixed with the salt, onto a clean work surface forming a pyramid. Make a well in the middle.
Pour the olive oil and yeast dissolved in the water into the centre of the well.
Gently mix the flour and the liquid together.
Knead the dough for about ten minutes until the dough is even and smooth and does not stick to your surface.
Form a large ball and place the dough in a bowl and leave in a warm place (24 ° C minimum) for an hour or two. When the dough starts to rise, cover with cling film to prevent the dough from drying.
The dough will double in volume.
The dough is now ready for use.
Simply divide the ball into appropriate sizes required for the number of pizzas you would like to make. Roll out with a rolling pin to the desired diameter.
Add your tomato sauce, and the toppings of your choice.
Cook in a hot oven on the pizza setting on your oven.
Bake on a stone plate for pizza if your oven has one.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- French Pizza 3.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- How to make pefect American... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Sweet Heart Pizza 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Superhealthy pizza 4.1/5 (76 Votes)