Grandma's Italian Meatballs
- 1 kilo ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmigiana cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins (you can eyeball)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (also eyeball)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- A good pinch of salt
- Few cracks of pepper
- Olive Oil (for frying)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Mince the garlic, dice the onion, and chop the parsley. Throw all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine (don't cook the onion or garlic). If the mixture is a bit dry, you can add some olive oil or a dash of water.
Now get messy! Combine all of the ingredients and shape golf-ball sized orbits of goodness.
Fry the meatballs in a generous amount of olive oil until brown. Don't play with them or turn them too much - you want the outsides to firm up so they don't fall apart.
Add some parsley and final touch of parmigiana to serve!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (478 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.